First organized in 2014, the Wikipedia Club of Tufts University School of Dental Medicine is a student-run organization focused on global health communication.
We are a group of public health focused individuals who edit Wikipedia articles related to dentistry by adding vital information and removing jargon as needed to help anyone understand various topics in dentistry better. Through our work, we hope to improve the health literacy of individuals in our immediate Chinatown community and abroad.
If you are interested in participating in Wikipedia Club meetings and events, please e-mail Priyanka Patel to be added to our listserv.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Wikipedia Club Faculty Advisor, Dr. David Leader.
2015 Executive Board:
- President – Priyanka Patel (D18)
- Vice President – TBD
- Secretary – TBD
- Faculty Adviser – Dr. David Leader
- Global public health education
- Providing the most up-to-date evidence based research about dental anatomy, materials, and procedures
- Civic engagement in our local Chinatown community as well as world-wide
- Improving dental and overall health for patients
- Free, easily accessible, and simple information
- Respect for patient and dental provider’s needs to make informed decisions
- An open and honest platform to address major dental public health needs