Join us and make a difference in someone’s career!
Through this program, Tufts Dental students work with students from Madison Park High School. Madison Park Technical Vocational High School is a public high school located in Roxbury, Massachusetts. Madison Park offers a variety of vocational options, including medical and dental assisting, and gives the students the opportunity to explore these career options.
Goals of the program:
- Provide connections, confidence, and skills to high school students that are interested in the field of dentistry.
- Give the teenage youth of Boston a stronger understanding of healthcare and how to better serve their communities.
- Encourage Tufts students to mentor and educate vocational high school students who are interested in a career in dentistry, hygiene, or dental assisting.
What Tuft Dental Mentors are saying about their experience:
“This mentorship program really benefits both sides. The high school students learn hands-on about dentistry and I learn four-handed dentistry! I’ve molded my mentee into a fantastic assistant—skills she can take with her.”- Tufts Dental Student, D15
“Giving these students a foot in the door to pursue a career in dentistry is fulfilling. The Boston community deserves more programs like this.”- Tufts Dental Student, D15
“I joined the Madison Park mentorship program because I was lucky enough to have a mentor and I know how much it means to have someone to look up to.”- Tufts Dental Student, D15
Becoming a mentor and sharing your resources is truly a rewarding experience.
Workshops and Events
Weekly: Madison Park students assist in the Tufts UG clinic Tuesdays and Thursdays 9am-12pm. Mentors are encouraged to mentor a student even if they don’t have a scheduled appointment! (Ie. Lab Work, review radiographs/dental procedures)
Bi-monthly: Mentor Luncheons are held twice a month on Thursdays 12-1pm. Lunch is provided. Date and Locations will be scheduled on the events calendar.
Click here and sign up to be a mentor! (Insert Google Doc sign up sheet link)
- Faculty Advisor: Natalie Hagel, RDH
- Project Leaders: Elena Ciciolla (D’15) and Tracy Tat (D’15)
- Clinical Support Manager: Paula Callahan
- Madison Park Faculty Advisor: Ruby Elder-Bush, Dental Assisting teacher, Emily Medina (Dental Assisting teacher)
- Lead Mentors: Pavandeep Birk (D’15), Pei Jung (D’15), Taylor Newman (D’15), Jasveen Singh (D’15), Mitzi Liu (D’15), Amanda Merikas (D’15), Christine Cun (D’15)