The mission of the AAPD is to advocate policies, guidelines and programs that promote optimal oral health and oral health care for children. The AAPD serves and represents its membership in the areas of professional development and governmental and legislative activities. It is a liaison to other health care groups and the public.
The vision of the AAPD is optimal health and care for infants, children, adolescents and persons with special health care needs. The AAPD is the leader in representing the oral health interests of children. The pediatric dentist is a recognized primary oral health care provider and resource for specialty referral.
The goal of TUSDM AAPD is to 1) Strengthen current and establish new relationships with the Boston/Greater Boston communities; 2) Incorporate interprofessional opportunities between Pediatric Dentistry, Orthodontics, Nurse Practitioners, Nutritionists, Pediatricians, and Psychiatrists; 3) Strive to provide opportunities to AAPD members; 4) Fundraise to provide members with necessary exposure to pediatric dentistry through lunch and learns and attend the Pediatric Dentistry Annual Conference.
AAPD members always participate in Give Kids a Smile at TUSDM!
- Malden Girl Scout Oral Hygiene Instruction
- Pediatric Dentistry Residency Panel
- Wang YMCA Healthy Kids Day
- Lessons in a Lunch Box
- PA Shaw Elementary School
- Faculty Advisor: Dr. Martha Forero
- President: Samantha Sauers (D20)
- President Elect: Kathryn Sierra (D22)
- Co-Vice President: Emily Thomas (D20)
- Co-Vice President: Joyce Ganas (D20)
- Treasurer: Russell Smith (D22)
- Secretary: Lauren Lubowitz (D21)
- Public Relations Director: Adrianne Smith (D22)
- Community Service Director: Alexandra Penta (D21)