Who We Are:
We are a group of students committed to learning how to build sound and successful dental practices upon graduation. We believe that the business aspect of dentistry is extremely important and is difficult to incorporate any further into an already full dental school curriculum. By providing learning opportunities, we wish to prepare TUSDM students for the challenges we will face in careers outside of the operatory! Our club welcomes all DMD and PG students. If you have any questions or want to get involved, please email our president Mike Lynn at Michael.Lynn@Tufts.edu
The purpose of the practice management club is:
- To provide TUSDM students the opportunity to discuss and learn about practice management and life after dental school through making faculty connections, providing guest speaker presentations, and seminars.
- To form a foundation for students to continuously interact with each other about anything related to practice management and dentistry as a whole, which supplements the third-year practice management course.
Our Officers 2019-2020:
President: Mike Lynn (D21)
D20 Liaison: Ned Gold (D20)
Board members: Neal Cadra (D22), Rachel Hudspeth (D22), Jigar Saraiya (D22)
Faculty advisor: Louise Paolucci
Our past events:
- “Dental Business Bootcamp” with PDS Institute
- “Advice on Building a Successful Dental Practice (Spoiler Alert:
It’s Not About Luck)” by Dr. Louis Sommerhalter
- “CAD/CAM Workshop and Interactive Business Seminar” with DDSMATCH
- “An Argument in Favor of Starting Your Own Practice” with Dr.
Tyler Brady, D’16 and club founder
- Lunch and Learn & Dinner and Discussion with entrepreneur