Dear Tufts community,
As you may recall, last spring we launched Global Tufts Month to replace Global Tufts Week, and we are very excited that it is nearly here! During the month of March, we are indeed delighted to invite all Tufts’ schools, centers, programs, research initiatives, departments, and student organizations to host events with a global or international focus related to this year’s theme: Welcoming All Voices: Global Perspectives on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice. These events will showcase Tufts’ breadth and depth of global engagement and promote connection and dialogue across Tufts’ schools and disciplines on this important theme.
We already have a diversity of events scheduled. From expert panels to student symposia, workshops, conferences, and film screenings, it promises to be an exciting month. Here is a sampling of a few of the exciting events that will take place:
- Norris and Margery Bendetson EPIIC International Symposium: China and the World
- Black Womyn’s Empowerment Conference
- “A Day in the Life” of Young Makers in Kathmandu
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and the Research Enterprise in Sudan
- Roots and Routes: Community-building in the Diaspora
- Critical Thinkers, Critical Times Speaker Series: Black Lives Matter Around the World
- Podcasting Diversity: A Vietnamese-German Perspective
It’s not too late to submit an event! Anyone organizing an event – whether it is an already scheduled event or an event especially organized for Global Tufts Month – can add it to the Global Month calendar by submitting the event and marking it “Global Tufts Month.” All events will be promoted on the Global Month calendar on the Global Tufts website to encourage attendance across the University.
We very much look forward to seeing your events and celebrating global engagement across Tufts!
Provost and Senior Vice President
Senior International Officer and Associate Provost