Delta Sigma Delta (DSD) is an internationally recognized dental fraternity that was initially founded in 1882 in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Tufts hosts the Mu Chapter, which was instilled before the turn of the 20th century when the school was known as Boston dental College.
As an active educational, philanthropic, and social organization, DSD offers many opportunities:
- Upper classmen and faculty-guided help sessions and mentoring
- Continuous volunteering efforts in the Boston community (oral cancer screenings at Special Olympics, tutoring at the local school, providing dental-related education, etc.)
- Social gatherings such as Red Sox game outings, happy our meet-ups, and annual parties (Holiday Party, Senior Send-Off Party, etc.)
- Opportunities to network with alumni and graduate chapter members
- Traveling to different dental schools for Annual Meetings and networking with other dental students
Delta Sigma Delta is a highly prestigious organization that builds camaraderie and provides a strong support system for whatever you would like to achieve in dental school and beyond!
If interested in joining, please email our faculty advisor: Dr. Karen Wallach.
Some of our events include:
– Ice Cream Socials
– Cradles to Crayons
– Hennigan Elementary Volunteering
– Lunch and learns with AGD dentists
More About Us
Orgs can add link to their Instagram/Facebook pages