The Cherish Chinatown Challenge Starts Next Week!
The Cherish Chinatown Challenge starts next week!
Breakfast, lunch, dinner, bubble tea, snacks! Eat and drink and earn raffle prizes!
November 1 – 30, 2022
Tufts’ Cherish Chinatown—an interprofessional group of students and staff from the Health Sciences Campus (supported by the awesome staff from Tufts Government and Community Relations) has organized it’s second annual Cherish Chinatown Challenge. The goal is to support small businesses in Boston’s Chinatown, which have been negatively impacted by the combined effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, rising inflation, and continued anti-sentiment. As neighbors and friends of Chinatown, we want to show up for our neighborhood.
To this end, Cherish Chinatown is hosting a fun and delicious month-long event: the Cherish Chinatown Challenge!
How It Works
- Tufts University students, faculty, and staff members order from local Chinatown restaurants during the month of November. Dine-in or place an order for take-out/delivery.
- For every purchase you make at a small business in Chinatown, you will be eligible for a raffle entry.
- To enter the raffle, complete this short form each time you make a purchase. There is no limit to how many times you may enter, as long as you are logging new purchases.
- Five winners will be drawn each Monday and receive $25 gift cards to local restaurants. Winners will be notified via email to claim their prize.
- To sweeten the challenge, all participants will be automatically eligible for the grand prize, a $200 meal (takeout or in-person) for you and friends from a restaurant of choice in Boston’s Chinatown.*
- Need inspiration on where to go? Check out the We Love Boston Chinatown website or check out this list of local restaurants compiled by Tufts Dental students.
- Looking for even more ways to help? Post about your visit on social media and tag @TuftsCommunity. Invite friends and colleagues to enjoy the challenge with you! On your way to a restaurant, be sure to check out the Endurance Streets 堅韌的街道: Resilience and Response in Boston’s Chinese Community exhibition on Harrison and Boylston Streets!
And this year at TUSDM Cherish Chinatown is adding a special challenge—CLASS vs CLASS. The Class that has the most visits to during the month of November will get a special prize—Chinatown treats for the whole class and bragging rights!
TUSDM’s Cherish Chinatown Challenge Team
- D23s: Yan Lin and Jiahui Huang
- D24s: Venus Tran
- D25s: Shouana Vang, Natalie Tran, Esther Yi, Ainsley Chung, Fengjun (Pierce) Shen and Shu Wang (Gregory) Yip
- D26s: Rana Sultan and Jamyla Palomar
- Staff mentor: Nancy Marks, TISCH/TUSDM Community Service Coordinator