Dr. Aidee Nieto-Herman, Associate Professor at the Department of Periodontology and President, CEO of the Hispanic International Mission (HIM). She organized the first Symposium in Dental Career at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. She talked about her mentor training program for foreign dentists in the USA. She aims to promote dentistry as a career for the minorities.
A group of panelists, including:
- Dr. Cynthia Stegeman – Crest/ Oral-B representative: Talked about Diabetes and oral health
- Dr. Marelyn Hong – Tufts faculty and Practice Coordinator: Talked about her own journey developing her dental experience in the USA
- Gabriel Perez TUSDM D’23 – Talked about his current Dental education and the HDA organization
- Yudi Quantero TUSDM D’25 – Talked about her past experience as a Dental Assistant and as a registered Dental Hygienist prior to becoming a TUSDM student.
- Dr. Jesse Lemoine – Boston University, resident in periodontology: Talked about his journey as an international dentist from Dominican Republic.