Join a fun-filled and energetic team that’s serviced driven, and gain leadership experience during your first two years at TUSDM with this paid position on the Dental Central. Learn more about the position below.
Created in 2014, the purpose of Dental Central is to foster civic engagement, enhance community service and strengthen cultural awareness at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. Dental Central serves as a hub for students and their organizations to post upcoming community and cultural events, both here and abroad, and to encourage participation in these activities. DC is also a space for reflection on these experiences and a place to support leadership development both within student organizations and in the community.
Overview of how the DC team works:
DC has two staff members each year—a first year student and a second year student. Each works about 3 hours a week, give or take. Each DC staff member has separate responsibilities. The second year member supports and mentors the first year to help him/her get up to speed with DC responsibilities such as creating blog posts, updating the events calendar, responding to other student leaders and faculty, and more. This team works very closely with Nancy Marks, Community Service and Public Health.
In November 2021: Alita Lubis (D23) will step down to focus on her clinic work, and Arika Neal-Branch (D24) will become senior Dental Central staff. We are looking for a D25 to come in and assume Arika’s role as first-year staff.
The D25 position is approximately 3 hours a week for 2 years
We are looking for a D25 who is:
- Comfortable with computers/tech stuff (i.e.. Making graphics on Canva)
- Ideally some familiarity with Word Press and/or willing to grow knowledge of Word Press (not a requirement)
- Detail-oriented — (i.e.. proofreading posts, checking formatting is correct, etc.)
- Excellent follow through— (i.e.. checking and answering emails regularly; meets shared deadlines for posts)
- Is a team player and is flexible—some weeks you will work more than 3 hours; some weeks less
- Has good writing skills
- Willing and able to commit to the position for 2 years— and mentor incoming D26 as new staff in the future
- Additional: creative in thinking up new ways to grow DC; occasionally take photos at events; comfortable representing DC at events—such as class meetings
- Is friendly and likes a good laugh!
NEW D25 Staff will receive training in Word Press and the Dental Central site!
Must be willing to make a long-term commitment… this is a two-year position
Time commitment: generally, 3 hours a week–work from home…with occasional in person meetings at school
- Rate of Pay: $13 an hour/3 hours a week
- +Free coffee and other treats/lunches etc. along the way
- + Ability to work in your jammies from home most of the time
- + Get to know a different part of TUSDM (if you are uncertain about getting involved with various student orgs., this is a great place to start to get to know each and every different and unique groups and their missions at TUSDM!)
- + Work with a “senior” DC staff, Arika Neal, D24….who is awesome
- + Chance to work closely with Nancy Marks… also pretty awesome
- + Incalculable excitement (LOL)