SNDA has extended its sock drive to this Wednesday! (March 3rd)
Black History Month is a chance to celebrate and honor black lives – past, present, and future. In addition to other events and activities planned for this month, Tufts Student National Dental Association (SNDA) will be celebrating Black History Month by serving our community members. Please join in this celebration by donating to the first annual Black History Month Sox Drive! SNDA will be collecting socks to distribute to various homeless shelters around the community.
Socks will be delivered to St. Francis House Wednesday afternoon. Make your sock donation by 5PM on Wednesday.
How to donate!
- Use the Amazon Wish List to purchase socks
- Drop-off NEW socks at TUSDM collection bins located in the lobby, student lounge, and library.
- Other NEW garments are welcomed, but socks are preferred.
Did you know?
- Systemic racism plays a major role in homelessness?
- A majority of homeless individuals identify as African American, Indigenous, or Latinx
- 40 – 50% of the homeless population are African American
- Jones M. M. (2016). Does Race Matter in Addressing Homelessness? A Review of the Literature. World medical & health policy, 8(2), 139–156. https://doi.org/10.1002/wmh3.189