TUSDM Student Leadership Recap
Organized by Nancy Marks and Karen Alexander, TUSDM’s Student Leadership event was a great success! It was an amazing opportunity for current and aspiring students to connect with other students to discuss the successes and challenges of remote engagement during COVID, stepping into leadership roles, and planning for the future. Students were able to learn about countless ways to on how to tap into their potential and become a leader in the Tufts community. The event included learning about identifying personal strengths and weaknesses as a leader, an interactive breakout session, and a panel discussion that was truly inspirational.
Our Wonderful Leadership Panel
- Priyanka Kumar – Starting a project from scratch with TeleTutoring at Tufts
- Michael Jordan – Creativity and Community Service in the Time of Covid (Music Video)
- Karishma Gandhi – Pivoting organizational goals during COVID with Smiles for Life
- Mitra Marvasti-Sitterly – Small but Mighty: Starting a group/motivating smaller organizations with Cosmetic Injectables Club, Aesthetics Club
- Daniel Boateng – Stepping into the role of president with SNDA
Big thanks to all of the panelists for sharing all of the awesome things you do as well as your insight and wisdom on what it takes to be a leader. Another special thank you to all of the students and faculty advisors who actively engaged in this special event. A lot was shared and even more was learned! Excited to see what the next group of emerging leaders will bring next year.
Other Special Remarks