Applications for paid staff position now open
Overview of Dental Central First-Year Position
DC has two staff each year—a first year student and a second year student. There are separate responsibilities for each person… with the second year supporting and mentoring the first year to help him/her get up to speed. This team works very closely with Nancy Marks, Community Service and Public Health.
In 2020: Nehal Shah (D22) will step down because he is going into clinic. Alita Lubis (D23) will become senior DC staff. We are looking for a D24 to come in and take Alita’s place as first-year staff.
We are looking for a D24 who is:
- comfortable with computers/tech stuff
- (ideally) some familiarity with Word Press /willing to grow knowledge of WP
- detail-oriented — proofing posts, etc.
- can meet weekly deadlines
- good writing skills
- willing to stay as DC staff for 2 years and mentor incoming D25 as new staff in the future
- meets shared deadlines
- excellent follow through—checking/posting and answers emails regularly
- creative in thinking up new ways to grow DC
- occasionally take photos at events
- comfortable representing DC at events—such as class meetings
- be a team player
- Is friendly and likes a good laugh!
NEW D24 Staff will receive training in Word Press and the Dental Central site!
Must be willing to make a long-term commitment as this is about two year position
Time commitment: generally, 3 hours a week–work from home
- Rate of Pay: $13 an hour/3 hours a week
- +free coffee and other treats/lunches etc. along the way
- + ability to work in your jammies from home most of the time
- + get to know a different part of TUSDM (if you are uncertain about getting involve with different student orgs., this is a great place to start to get to know each and every different and unique groups and their missions at TUSDM!)
- + work with a “senior” DC staff, Alita Lubis, D23 (and find out about 2ndyear at TUSDM, etc.)
- + chance to work closely with Nancy Marks
- + incalculable excitement (LOL)
Please send a letter to Nancy Marks (email@example.com) expressing your interest and addressing the skills you bring to the position.