Please join current AAPHD (American Association of Public Health Dentistry) students as we advocate alongside fellow oral health care providers to discuss legislation at the State House on behalf of our profession, patients, and future.
Dental Hygiene Day at the State House:
Tuesday February 23, 2016 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- The Massachusetts Dental Hygiene Association will be promoting their profession with pieces of legislation regarding the advancement of practice, billing, malpractice, and certification of hygienists.
- Information & Registration: http://www.massdha.org/news/upcoming.php
- For AAPHD students interested in participating please consider attending the informational meeting beforehand: Monday February 22, 2016 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Location TBD
Massachusetts Dental Society Beacon Hill Day:
Wednesday March 30, 2016 Time TBA
The MDS will continue their successful efforts in discussing critical issues facing oral health care and dentistry with legislators.
- Current Issues:
o Electronic Health Record standards
o Carrier Transparency and Patients’ Bill of Rights
o H. 2058: New licensure evaluations and guidelines
- Information: http://cqrcengage.com/madental/bhd
- Meeting with MDS Beacon Hill Day Liaison Kevin Monteiro: March 11th 5:00 pm TUSDM Room 1521, with Tufts DMD/MPH candidates
Please RSVP interest for either event to Alec Eidelman; email@example.com