With the holiday season just around the corner, many student organizations at TUSDM are reaching out and lending a helping hand to those in need. Here is a list of some of the drives and collections being hosted:
American Association of Women Dentist (AAWD) Clothing Drive for On The Rise Women's Homeless Shelter
• There will be two boxes to collect winter clothes, one will be in the student lounge on the 7th floor and the other will be on the 4th floor of Sackler near the circulation desk. The last day for the clothing drive is December 5th.
• Help us keep someone warm this winter by donating clothes like jackets, scarfs, gloves, socks and sweaters!”
• Check out the flyer here!
• Questions? Contact Sarah Bolis (D17)
D17 Thanksgiving Food Drive for The Greater Boston Food Drive
• Boxes will be placed on in the 7th floor student lounge to collect canned goods.
• Click here to see the list of acceptable donations
• You can also donate at http://www.gbfb.org/tuftsdental
• Questions? Contact Mike Arrigo (D17)
Hispanic Dental Association (HDA) Thanksgiving Warm Clothes and Toiletries Drive for Rosie’s Place
• WHAT: jeans of all sizes, coats, hats, gloves/mittens, scarves, bras, blankets, throws and sheets are urgently needed, according to the director of the volunteer services, as well as toiletries.
• WHERE: Drop box in the 7th floor student lounge
• WHEN: 11/12 – 12/1 (This gives you 3 weeks to look through your closet or pick up an item from the store)
• WHY: You can choose your own reason, but here's one. Winter is long and cold even with a warm home and plenty of warm clothes. I can't imagine not having either of these.
• Questions? Contact Courtnery Robinson (D16)
HPSP Drive for the Troops
• If you know a Tufts Dental alumnus or know of a family member of one of our own Tufts Dental family (which would include administration, faculty, staff and support personnel) who is stationed overseas, please let Ryan George (D15), Mitzi Liu (D15), or Dr. Rankin know. Just let us know their mailing addresses and we will try to get something out to them. Connection to home is important for the deployed soldier and is essential to their morale and purpose.