Questions or Concerns? Feel free to contact us at email@example.com!
The Student National Dental Association (SNDA) was incorporated in 1972.
The purpose of the organization is to encourage minority dental students in their endeavors towards a dental career. The mission remains the same, to promote minority enrollment, to deliver improved healthcare to the underserved, to help sustain mentally healthy environments for dental students, and to educate students of their social, moral, and ethical obligations.
At Tufts University, the SNDA’s main concern is making sure that the adjustments needed to thrive in the dental school environment are made to foster the successful matriculation of our members through the four-year program. Through study/help groups, open discussions, and social events, the members of the SNDA support each other in maintaining good mental health and achieving academic success. The group also recognizes the need for awareness of good oral healthcare in the community. Through mentorship programs and other volunteer services, the SNDA at Tufts serves the mission of the national association.
SNDA Impressions Day
- President: Jessaca York (D19)
- Vice President: Corey Williams (D20)
- Secretary: Seghen Amanios (D20)
- Treasurer: Ericka Gray (D20)
- Diversity Initiatives Officer: Taphaphene Young (D19)
- Diversity Initiatives Officer: Elect: Chelsea Straughn (D20)
- Community Service Committee Chair: Heather Smith (D20)
- Global Service Learning Chair: Zamone Sawyer (D19)
- Welcome Committee Chair: Monica Hamilton (D20)
- Academic Committee Chair: Dr. Holloway (SNDA Advisor)