Thanks for stopping by! We are the TUSDM chapter of the American Association of Public Health Dentistry. The AAPHD was founded nationally in 1937. Our current faculty advisor is public health dental hygienist and assistant professor of Diagnosis and Health Promotion Natalie Hagel.
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine’s chapter of the American Association of Public Health Dentistry (AAPHD) aims to promote improved oral health by educating members on important dental topics and supporting effective programs of disease prevention and oral health promotion.
Reestablished under new leadership in 2016, our chapter intends to have a more prominent role in our community by keeping students up to date on important issues within the scope of public health dentistry. In addition, AAPHD is excited to bring to our community various speakers who can educate us on dental public health topics, highlight student and faculty research, become involved in public health advocacy, create an interprofessional collaboration with other Tufts health students, and more.
We are excited about the future of our chapter and we encourage anybody interested in public health to join AAPHD!
Our Officers (feel free to contact!):
- Faculty Advisor: Natalie Hagel, RDH, MS
- Co-Presidents: Chelsea Johnston (D18) & Hayley Sacks (D18)
- Secretary: Abigail Yazbak (D18)
- Treasurer: Allison Petty (D18)
- Dental Central Representative: Lauren Hagspiel (D19)
- One Health Representative: Arietta Rigopoulos (D19)
- Advocacy Representative: Alec Eidelman (D18)
- Research Representative: Isaac Hong (D18)
- Madison Park Assisting Program Representative: Michelle Whelan (D19)
- Community Outreach Representative: Swaitha Maripuri (D19)
- Public Health Month Representative: Loretta Anekwe (D18)
- Facebook/Website Representative: Yusuf Sheikh (D18)
- Global Service Learning Representative: Michael Golub (D18)