At Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Club aims to serve pre-doctoral dental students who are interested in promoting oral health and the overall well-being of pediatric and special needs patients. Our goals are to further expose students to pediatric dentistry through outreach and service events, establish professional relationships with those already in the pediatric dental community, and open up opportunities for those working to pursue this specialization. We welcome any dental student who is interested in pediatric dentistry to join the TUSDM AAPD Club!
National AAPD Mission Statement
The mission of the AAPD is to advocate policies, guidelines and programs that promote optimal oral health and oral health care for children. The AAPD serves and represents its membership in the areas of professional development and governmental and legislative activities. It is a liaison to other health care groups and the public.
National AAPD Vision Statement
The vision of the AAPD is optimal health and care for infants, children, adolescents and persons with special health care needs. The AAPD is the leader in representing the oral health interests of children. The pediatric dentist is a recognized primary oral health care provider and resource for specialty referral.
- Malden Girl Scout Oral Hygiene Instruction
- Pediatric Dentistry Residency Panel
- Wang YMCA Healthy Kids Day
- Lessons in a Lunch Box
- PA Shaw Elementary School
- Faculty Advisor: Dr. Martha Forero
- President: Gabby Lieberman (D19)
- President Elect: Sam Sauers (D20)
- Vice President: Keira Ginsberg (D20)
- Treasurer/Fundraiser: Joyce Forbes (D21)
- Secretary: Emily Thomas (D20)
- Public Relations Director: Lauren Lubowitz (D21)
- Community Outreach Directors: Joyce Ganas (D20) & Allie Penta (D21)