Another great scholarship opportunity: New England Hellenic Medical and Dental Society Scholarship!
In order to be eligible for this award, applicants must:
- Be enrolled for the upcoming academic year (2017-2018) at an accredited medical or dental institution.
- Be a member of the New England Hellenic Medical & Dental Society, and be of Hellenic descent.
- Demonstrate strong academic performance and/or financial need.
- Display an ongoing interest and commitment to the health field and to Hellenic issues.
- Be able to be present on May 6, 2017 to accept the award.
The application for this scholarship is available online. Applications are to be filed directly with the NEHMDS scholarship committee no later than April 10th, 2017. Questions should be directed to the NEHMDS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Wednesday, March 15
The Tisch College Community Research Center at Tufts (TCRC) is a collaborative of Tufts researchers and community representatives from Boston, Cambridge, Somerville, and Medford. A new request for proposal (RFP) solicits requests for micro-grants to support community-engaged student research. Undergraduate and graduate students from all disciplines are welcome to apply. We hope that students who apply will also consider joining our list of students involved with community engaged research. Find the RFP information here and contact TCRC Director Doug.Brugge@tufts.edu with any questions.
The Clinton Global Initiative University 2017 meeting will take place at Northeastern University from October 13-15. Hosted by President Bill Clinton and Chelsea Clinton, the 10th annual CGI U meeting will gather more than 1,000 innovative student leaders to make Commitments to Action that address some of the world’s most pressing challenges. More than $750,000 in funding will be available to select CGI U 2017 students to help them turn their ideas into action. The early decision and travel assistance deadline was March 1, 2017, but the final application deadline is May 1, 2017. Learn more here or contact email@example.com.
We’re proud of our TUSDM members who have been doing amazing work in the community. Rain or shine, students and faculty have been involved with all sorts of events, conventions, and volunteering opportunities. Please share with the rest of us what you have done or experienced! Any reflections about dentistry or community engagement is welcome. Whether it’s local or global, we want to hear them!!
Please send your posts to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello Student Leaders!
Are you stepping down from a leadership position in your student group and handing over the reins to the next person? Are you a new student group leader and don’t know what to ask of the person stepping down?
Come to a lunch and learn to support the successful transition from seasoned student group leader to those up-and-coming and/or newly elected!
What needs to be shared to keep momentum going? We will talk about best practices in how to do this and give out some material that will help with passing the baton.
The Lunch & Learn will take place on Tuesday, March 7 at 12-1PM in the alumni Lounge
This is an RSVP event! Please email Nancy Marks to let her know if you are coming…and for what group!
Applications being accepted until March 1, 2017
Email email@example.com for further details.
- The Program Participant shall be required to identify a research topic that is relevant to both dental education and to broader oral health policy.
- Possible areas of inquiry include, but are not limited to: oral health care utilization among specific populations, the distribution and subsequent activity of dental school graduates, the relationship of dental providers to ACO’s, etc.
- During their three month participation in the Program, the program participant will be expected to work a standard 35 hour week on researching the designated area of inquiry, with the goal of preparing a comprehensive written Report summarizing their findings.
- The Program Participant will be released from other teaching or clinical obligations to TUSDM during the term of the Program. Regular salary and benefits will be provided.
- The Program Participant must be a TUSDM faculty member, at least 0.6 FTE (three days), in good standing.